DATA PROTECTION AND RELATION TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
BrainLabs takes data protection very seriously. BrainLabs' employees and third parties contracted by BrainLabs are under the obligation to maintain confidentiality and comply with the legal provisions on data protection.
BrainLabs does not sell or deal in user data.
BrainLabs takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data stored by Users and Partners against tampering, partial or total loss, and unauthorized access by third parties. BrainLabs security measures are being properly constantly updated in line with the state of the art.
All information relating to an identified or identifiable person is considered to be personal data. BrainLabs processes the User's personal data as specified below:
- First name, last name;
- Date of birth;
- Preferred language;
- E-mail address;
- Canton of residence;
- Photo of the User.
It is prohibited to use mechanisms, software, or other scripts that could interfere with the proper operation of Drool. Users may not take actions that could cause unreasonable or excessive load on Drool's infrastructure.
The User is prohibited from blocking, overwriting, or modifying content generated by BrainLabs or Drool or otherwise interfering with Drool.
PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
BrainLabs uses personal data of the User for the following purposes:
- Processing of bookings (including respective arrangement and performance pursuant to the applicable Terms and Conditions of Use);
- Internal administration;
- Improvement of products and services, as well as security (including analyses of anonymized data on the Users' behavior);
- Sending newsletters to the Users (where the User has given his consent).
The following personal data are made publicly available on Drool:
- First name;
- Canton of residence;
- Photo of the User.
During the conduct of Social Tables, the Users can be photographed. BrainLabs or its Partners may use such photos and publish them on Drool or on the relevant Partner's website (or via social media).
(d) Where a User disagrees with the publication of a photo, he may require at any time via E-Mail that the respective photo be deleted.
BrainLabs requires that the Partner process such user data only to the extent absolutely necessary for conducting its business. Any further processing by the Partner is prohibited. The Partner is particularly prohibited from processing user data for its own advertising purposes and disclosing them.
(f) If any misuse by the Partner becomes known, Users can contact BrainLabs at E-Mail BrainLabs verifies the circumstances and takes appropriate measures where violations by the Partner exist.
BrainLabs stores user data on a subcontractor's physical server in Frankfurt on the Main (Germany). It is possible that the subcontractor will use cloud storage. Accordingly, it is possible that user data will be stored in a foreign country, whereby such foreign country may be subject to data protection regulations that are not the same as in Switzerland.
(h) The User has the right to request at any time that BrainLabs provide information as to what data relating to him is processed.
(i) The User may at any time revoke his consent to data being processed, e.g. by contacting BrainLabs at E-Mail and sending a request for termination of his user account. The User is aware that this may result in certain services becoming no longer available to the User. After the account closure the User's profile is also deleted, or a process is carried out that is equivalent to the deletion (such as complete anonymization of all data).
PAYMENT SERVICE PROVIDER
- Payment of the fee is made via payment service provider Stripe. The payment service provider is domiciled in a foreign country. Therefore, payment processing (including sending the User's data) is carried out in a foreign country, whereby such foreign country is subject to data protection regulations that are not the same as in Switzerland. Furthermore, the use of the payment service provider may result in additional costs for the User (such as the payment service provider's or third party fees). The User consents to the use of the payment service provider.
- The User's credit card details that he discloses to the payment service provider during the booking and, where applicable, stores, are not disclosed to BrainLabs. Accordingly, BrainLabs will not store them. Any storage is carried out exclusively on the payment service provider's PCI-compliant infrastructure.
- Prompted data, as well as credit card details, are always transmitted in encrypted form (SSL encryption).
ACCESS DATA STORAGE
Every time a page on Drool is accessed and every time a file is retrieved, the User's access data are logged. Each data record consists of: the page from which the User has requested the file, the name of the requested file, the date and time of the request, the data volume transmitted, the access status (file transmitted, file not found, etc.), a de-scription of the browser type used, and the client IP address.
- (a) BrainLabs collects data about Users' visits of Drool (e.g. concerning pages visited by the User). Such data is used to improve Drool's content and compile statistics for market analysis purposes regarding the use of Drool. For this purpose, cookies are used, namely text files that are stored on the User's computer and allow to analyze the use of Drool. Such cookies contain data on the domain name, the internet provider, the operating system, and the date and time the User visits the website. Such cookies are automatically deleted when all instances of the browser are closed. Further, web analysis service Google Analytics is used; it uses other cookies (see also the explanations below).
- (b) Most browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. But Users can also disable the storage of cookies or configure their browser preferences so that it no-tifies them when cookies are sent. More information is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org abgerufen werden.
- Users may prevent the installation of cookies for Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). Users can find more information about Google Analytics and data protection under http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html. In this case, Users will not be able to make full use of all the functions on Drool. By using Drool, the User agrees that data collected about him may be processed by Google as described above and for the above stated purpose.
INTEGRATION OF THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
BrainLabs integrates third party content into Drool, for example such as Google Maps and Facebook login. This means that the providers of such content can see Users' IP ad-dresses. This is because they cannot send content to the User's browser without the IP address. BrainLabs endeavors to cooperate only with those providers who use the IP address exclusively to display content. However, BrainLabs cannot prevent the providers, for example, from storing the IP address for statistical purposes or using it otherwise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES